At Virion Therapeutics, We Believe a Future Free of Cancer and Chronic Infectious Diseases Is Within Reach
- Driven by science, our mission is to revolutionize the immunotherapy treatment landscape, focusing on the development of novel, adaptable, and accessible CD8+ T cell-based technologies.
- Our transformative platform is first in its class, offering a unique methodology that combines innovative and established approaches to elicit a superior CD8+ T cell response. Novel genetically encoded checkpoint modifiers are delivered alongside optimized target-specific antigens via an immunogenic and adaptable viral vector platform that promotes potent, prolonged, and broad CD8+ T cell responses.
- With potential applications across a range of cancers and chronic infectious diseases, our proprietary technology provides us with a robust pipeline. Our lead product, VRON-0200, is under investigation as a potential functional cure for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) – a first-in-human clinical study is planned to initiate in late 2022.
- Founded in 2018 to advance technology licensed from The Wistar Institute, we have assembled a world-class management team and an industry-leading global Board of Directors, with proven experience in the biotechnology sector, as well as extensive preclinical and clinical expertise in antiviral, vaccine, oncology, and immuno-oncology.
- Integrated T cell Immunotherapies
- Superior CD8+ T cell responses: Simplicity, potency, & durability
- Novel checkpoint modifiers
- Lead programs include a locally acting B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) checkpoint modifier
- Others in development
- Preclinical data validate and inform our clinical development across diverse therapeutic indications
- VRON-0200: Establish as the CD8+ T cell immuno-modulator for HBV functional cure
- In clinic within a year
- VRON-0100: In development for HPV-induced cancers and pre-cancerous lesions
- VRON-0300 and Discovery Programs: Additional oncology indication and continued development of new technologies and assets
- World-class scientific founder, advisors, and board members
- Highly experienced team with extensive and diverse expertise and networks to successfully advance programs and achieve corporate goals