At Virion Therapeutics, We Believe a Future Free of Cancer and Chronic Infectious Diseases Is Within Reach
- Driven by science, our mission is to revolutionize the immunotherapy treatment landscape, focusing on the development of novel, adaptable, and accessible CD8+ T cell-based technologies.
- Our transformative platform is first in its class, offering a unique methodology that combines innovative and established approaches to elicit a superior CD8+ T cell response. Novel genetically encoded checkpoint modifiers are delivered alongside optimized target-specific antigens via an immunogenic and adaptable viral vector platform that promotes potent, prolonged, and broad CD8+ T cell responses.
- With potential applications across a range of cancers and chronic infectious diseases, our proprietary technology provides us with a robust pipeline. Our lead product, VRON-0200, is under investigation as a potential functional cure for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) – a first-in-human Phase 1b clinical study is planned to begin enrolling in fall 2023.
- Founded in 2018 to advance technology licensed from The Wistar Institute, we have assembled a world-class management team and an industry-leading global Board of Directors, with proven experience in the biotechnology sector, as well as extensive preclinical and clinical expertise in antiviral, vaccine, oncology, and immuno-oncology.
- 2 in 1: Checkpoint modifier and T cell stimulation (including de novo T cells)
- Integrated T cell immunotherapy
- Superior CD8+ T cell responses: Simplicity, potency, & durability
- Novel checkpoint modifiers
- Lead programs include a locally acting B- and T-lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) checkpoint modifier
- Others in development, with two new IP filings in 2023
- Unprecedented preclinical data across
- VRON-0200: Novel mechanism of action for HBV functional cure
- Phase 1b – Q3 2023
- Multiple clinical readouts in 2023
- VRON-0300 for advanced solid tumors: Ongoing IND-enabling activities
- “Plug & Play” platform: Allows for rapid discovery and IND-enabling studies
- World-class scientific founder, advisors, and board members
- Expert team with experience from discovery to clinic:
- Manufacture of VRON-0200 drug products
- Global regulatory, clinical development, and operations
- Strategic partnerships with Center for Breakthrough Medicine (CDMO), contract research organizations (CROs), and other vendors